Looking for a liveaboard to see sharks and other large animals in Januari/Februari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there!

That is a pretty standard price for that type of dive package. However, we have certain dates which offer up to 25%. To have the best chance of seeing sharks, I would recommend Tiger Beach. It also would be the lowest in airfare. Here are the packages I recommend:

Tiger Beach Dancer Liveaboard

Maldives Aggressor Liveaboard - 25% at $1796 USD

We can help you find the right destination and package, if you would like to let us know more about your ideal dive trip. Many packages are 25% on certain dates as well. Contact Oasis Adventure at 1-808-345-0766 or 1-202-800-9007 or by email at info@oasisadventure.com

Happy diving!
Kelly
Oasis Adventure

My boyfriend and I would like to do a liveaboard trip of about 7 days in Januari/Februari. We love to see large animals. Especially sharks. Mantas and whalesharks would be great as well.. We do not diving in strong currents. Both have about 90 dives, PADI rescue diver, and also don't really mind cold water.

We don't know yet where we want to go, so I hope you could give us some advise.
For now we are thinking about the Bahamas, or Maldives (Deep South), but we haven;t been at any of these places yet. As I mentioned we would love to see sharks up close. We don't really care about very fancy boats, we do care about great dive sites and tasty food. So far we have only done two liveaboards with Emperor in the Red Sea, and we absolutely loved them, especially the Brothers, Daedalus and Ephinstone trip.

One thing is that for this trip, we do not want to spend too much money, since it will just be a short trip (total trip should be shorther than 2 weeks). So far we had an offer for Maldives Deep South, 2300 euro each, including all flights. That would be a bit higher than what we had in mind, but still ok, if I'm sure this is going to be an amazing trip(the dive sites sound great to me, but I haven't been there)! At the Bahamas we found Blackbeard, which also has very affordable trips, but we are not quite sure how exciting the dive spots are. It's easy to find which animals you can see where, but it's so hard to find how likely it is to spot the animals.

What would you recommend? Any other place than the two I mentioned would be great as well. I should probably mention that we fly from Amsterdam, but most places are kind of easy to reach from there.

Thanks very much in advance. I'd appreciate any advise!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom