looking for a monitor for sony housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAM001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i have a sony mpk-trv sony video housing. am looking for a monitor for it so i dont have to loook down the viewer tube. any ideas. have saw one site in germany with one for 350 euro. would like to find a stateside source. communications are difficult with the with the overseas folks.

regards

kws

I don't know if this will work for you but in my custom housing I installed a small Radio Shack 2.5 inch color TV as a monitor. They come with an AV in jack so you can plug the camera outputs into the TV and use it as a monitor. They run about $50 to $60 US the last time I looked. The only problem you might have, other then the fit, is the control to turn the monitor on.

Check out the link to see what I did.

Camera Housing

Scott

scott

i am loooking over what youhave suggested. with the camera all the way forward i have with out battery 2.5 inches space. (cam to rear of housing. the large battery and eye piece use 1.75 of this space depth. looking from the rear in the view window the battery is to the right of the window. the eye piece is virtically in the upper 1/4 to 1/3 of the window and horizontally it is positioned such that the left sode of the eye piece is on the horizintal centerline. the window is basially 2h*3w. it looks possible to do as you suggest and have it slightly left of center. i will have to look into the monitor you suggest. if it will work it will e much cheaper than the 350 eur /400 usd alternative.

thanks

keith

I went through the exact same thing when I got tired of looking through the view finder and not seeing much. I looked at an actual video monitor and the price was outragious. Not to mention that the size ment I would have to build a seperate housing for it. After looking for an alternative I came across the mini TV/Monitor. When I bought mine it was about $100 US but even that was cheaper then a actual monitor.

Good luck,

Scott

scott

i see by your p;ics that you have the rear fully exposed.
the rear of mine is squarish 7"*7" with a window 2h*3w in the
top left corner. i have a slight bit mor challenge than yours.

here is a link with what i am working with

http://www.mecom-uw.de/6.htm
http://www.mecom-uw.de/7.htm

the dimensions do not look right i dont think i have 120 mm however this my enclosure. also the camera they are using does not have the view tube on it. i may have to get another camera and tear its tube off. i show 3"*3.5*1.5 space available to do this in.

what do you think

regards

keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom