Looking for a new mask, need help..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Greaves

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I currently am using a Scubapro tri-vent mask.. Its comming to the end of its life and they dont sell them anymore and I cant get new skirts for them anymore either..

Im looking for a mask that has atleast the same area of vision, maybe more..

I like the look of the hydro-optix mask but their customer service is the worst I have ever seen and I emailed them 3 times and only got 2 emails back which were no help at all..

Anyone know of another mask that they think I will like? I know thats a broad question but just looking for any help here..

I do like the Atomic mask but I dont like how the eyes are separated, I like one large mask..

I do like the Atomic mask but I dont like how the eyes are separated, I like one large mask..

Then look at the OTHER Atomic mask. In addition to the SubFrame (separate eyes) they also make the single-lens Frameless model. Excellent field of vision - actually more than my previous TUSA Visualator - because it is low volume and the glass is closer to your eys.

frameless_velky.jpg

Another vote for the Atomic frameless. Bought one this season & is the best mask I've ever owned. Planning on buying a couple more just in case they discontinue them.

If you are looking at the Atomic frameless, you might also like to look at the Oceanic Shadow.

I love mine and 2 of my regular buddies dive them as well. Great mask, good value. Extremely comfortable skirt that seals well.

YMMV. :)

I poked around at my LDS at lunch and found that I really like the Aqualung Mythos mask.. I am going tonight to another LDS to look at the Atomic frameless mask and see if I like that..

I'm a big fan of the Scubapro Frameless2 with black skirt though I think they make it in clear. Doesn't leak a drop for me even with stubble, good downward vision.. purges completely with very little breath.

I personally use the Mares X-vision. I love it and it has great field of vision. They also come in the Liquidskin version which is very very comfy!

Great masks!

Whatever you choose, make sure to try one on first (you seem headed to do that anyways).

Cheers!:coffee:

I personally use the Mares X-vision. I love it and it has great field of vision. They also come in the Liquidskin version which is very very comfy!
Another vote for the Mares LiquidSkin!

I too would recommend looking at the Atomic Frameless. Great field of vision and no leaks. Bought the medium fit as my face is a bit narrow.

But please make it a point to try it out if possible. I bought 2 of the medium fit with the intention of giving one to my daughter as she has a narrow face as well. She was not happy with the mask as she had a difficult time reaching her nose to equalize. She claims that the mask is made for people with taller noses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom