Looking for an Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking for an octo to go on my Scubapro Mk25.

Keep life simple and get a Scubapro to make servicing the set easy.

pete

pete makes a good point... if your local dive shop sells and services primarily scubapro, then having regs that use similar service kits will minimize the chance that a reg of a different brand will have to be sent out for service by a technician familiar with that other reg.

HOWEVER, there is always a "however" in scuba diving, "rcsoar4fun." if you know how to service your own regs, than this might not be an issue. if you order your service kits ahead of time, they will be available to you to do that service on both regs when that time comes.

AND, if i may add... if your local dive shop is smart, and they have a technician that can service MANY brands of equipment, even the ones they don't carry, they get to reap the rewards of the service fee, service kit, and your ongoing happiness keeping you diving and buying tank refills, and the occasional new and improved chachkie that everyone has got to have...!!!

so you see, a little investigation on your part might realize that your local dive shop has the ability to service, in this example, mares regulators....

:D

it's all in the perspecitve, you see....

--c

p.s. it might only cost you $25, too... :wink: GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH...!!!

Go to scubatoys.com and the Octo link, pick one.

MK25, so what, buy an oceanic, aeris or just burn money on an atomic and get a long yellow hose.

Haven't been diving long, hoping having my own reg set will guilt me into diving more. :D

Actually I fully expect to start researching servicing my own regs pretty soon. I am very technical and hands on. And I trust my self a little more than someone I don't know. More than likely I would be sending them off to scubatoys for service until then.

pete makes a good point... if your local dive shop sells and services primarily scubapro, then having regs that use similar service kits will minimize the chance that a reg of a different brand will have to be sent out for service by a technician familiar with that other reg.

HOWEVER, there is always a "however" in scuba diving, "rcsoar4fun." if you know how to service your own regs, than this might not be an issue. if you order your service kits ahead of time, they will be available to you to do that service on both regs when that time comes.

AND, if i may add... if your local dive shop is smart, and they have a technician that can service MANY brands of equipment, even the ones they don't carry, they get to reap the rewards of the service fee, service kit, and your ongoing happiness keeping you diving and buying tank refills, and the occasional new and improved chachkie that everyone has got to have...!!!

so you see, a little investigation on your part might realize that your local dive shop has the ability to service, in this example, mares regulators....

:D

it's all in the perspecitve, you see....

--c

p.s. it might only cost you $25, too... :wink: GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH...!!!

My understanding is that the dive manufactures will only sell parts kits to authorized dealers. Granted some turn up on ebay but I assume they are diverted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom