Looking For Bay Area Dive Groups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowbybill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,
I'm a beginner diver, I was certified in 2008 but due to injury have not been able to dive for the last 2 years. I'm going to take a refresher course before I get in the water again, but would I like to know is; Are there any Dive groups that beginners in them? From what I've seen all the dives are for intermediate and above skill levels and too be honest until I get back into the swing of things I want to stay on the more beginning side of diving. I did have a Dive buddy but she has moved out of state so I'm also without a dive buddy.
The dive shop where I was certified went out of business ( Nautilus Aquatics in Concord) So I'm taking my refresher at the sport chalet in Dublin.
If anyone know of any groups that have beginners in them, around the Bay Area, please let know, and thank you for any and all help! :)
Bill

I'm going to beat Peter C and Fish Eater to the punch.

Check out northcoastdivers.org. I was a total newbie, two months out of OW, when I started diving with one of the guys. They are all good divers who enjoy helping out new divers. They have monthly club dives, and there are many, like myself, who dive much more and are always looking for a buddy. They dive Monterey, Sonoma and Mendocino Coast mostly.

Super fun group of people as well! You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer group of divers. :)

I'm going to beat Peter C and Fish Eater to the punch.

Check out northcoastdivers.org. I was a total newbie, two months out of OW, when I started diving with one of the guys. They are all good divers who enjoy helping out new divers. They have monthly club dives, and there are many, like myself, who dive much more and are always looking for a buddy. They dive Monterey, Sonoma and Mendocino Coast mostly.

Super fun group of people as well! You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer group of divers. :)

Yep. She beat me to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm going to beat Peter C
How much has dive gear replacement cost you so far? The key is to get the right gear the first time, for less money. LOL Many of us went down the same path of replacing junk LDS gear.

North Coast divers has monthly dives scheduled. Those are always appropriate for beginner divers. July's dive is in Monterey. Otherwise most of them take place on the Sonoma or Mendocino coasts.

Dive Club of Silicon Valley is good (DCOSV redirect) and Flipper Dippers have dives. I am also looking for regular dive buddies who want to dive Monterey/Carmel every weekend. Ping me if you are interested. Advanced Open Water dive and have done cold water dives here.

Back
Top Bottom