Looking for Cozumel Coral Princess Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwarasila

New
Reaction score
I am heading to Cozumel with a buddy for his 40th birthday, the second week of June. Neither of us have ever been there.

We are looking at various resorts. Would like to be close to some nightlife and shore dives. Am looking at the Coral Princess Resort. I have seen mixed reviews on this. Anybody out there stay at this place? Any other recommendations.

How far are the boat rides to the dive sites?

Thanks for the help, Pete

I'm not sure about this, but, isn't the Coral Princess now the Park Royal? If it is, I have stayed there, although it was 7 years ago.

Depending on what type of boat you have, and how far you want to go south for the sites, time can be anywhere from 15 minutes to 90 minutes.

That hotel is in the northern hotel zone. A long way from the reefs. With the currents I wouldn't think there would be any shore diving there.

If you want nightlife such as it is you could stay in town. Casa Mexicana is a nice hotel, but you have not beach or shore diving. Some dive ops can pick you up at Aldoras pier in town.

Alittle bit south of town has a few resorts and hotels that are nice and would have some shore diving all though to see the reefs in Cozumel you really need to go on a boat. Plaza Las Glorias which was bought by Palace hotels recently and will close for remodeling at the end of Aug through Dec is in that area as is Hotel Cozumel the old Brisas has a nice beach club across the street. Caribe Blu is a small hotel and also has some shore diving. You can walk to town from these hotels are take a 3.00US taxi ride.

The resorts way far south of town are close to the reefs but about a 20.00 taxi ride to town.

Lots of choices.

during last year's Thanksgiving Experienced Divers Group foray(DocVikingo, LarryL & wife Annette, marcos and me). Paul is a world class underwater photographer, and he seems to share with the hippopotamus the necessity to be in the water at least part of every day. He did a lot of shorediving off the Coral Princess and said it was great fun, especially at night.

I have neve stayed there, but Paul spoke so highly of it that I may in the near future. It is far enough north to require either repeated taxiing into town or hooking a rental car, but, other than staying very close in town, you have the same problem in the southern hotels.

<')///><

Sounds like it's worth a shot. As I told my buddy, "How bad could it be compared to work?"

This was my first post as I joined the Scuba board yesterday. I appreciate the quick help!

pwarasila:
Sounds like it's worth a shot. As I told my buddy, "How bad could it be compared to work?"

This was my first post as I joined the Scuba board yesterday. I appreciate the quick help!

Just remember that the farther North you are the less likely you will be to find a Dive Op to pick you up. You'll need to cab it down to the Marina.

Might add 15 minutes to your boat ride each way. If you are good divers and lucky, they might take you North, then you're 15 minutes closer. About 1.5 miles into town. Not a bad walk in , Cab back. Good snorkeling out front and probably good for a few night dives. On site dive op is Pepes Scuba. Lots of people like them and they pick you up right there. Check out Pepe, if you can work with him you should have no problems. Expensive meals. I can't spend that much for a burger and a beer, then worry about dinner. For some reason,,every one I know gets stuck with a view of the jungle,, water views are for someone special ,,,

adios

Back
Top Bottom