Looking for dive buddies for the week of July 19-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
Im gonna be going on vacation and am looking for some weekday dive buddies. If anyone wants to do some diving at monterey or carmel area let me know. I would really like to dive Pt Lobos if anyone is available during the week as all the weekends are booked.

Well with the state budget being in limbo leaving me with a chance of going to minimum wage if they dont pass the budget soon i will be just mostly doing day trips. That way i can still dive and not spend money on a motel room.

Good to hear from you heath. I wish i could have got a few more days off to do some more diving with you as it was great fun. Thats too bad you didnt get more diving in. Did you ever run across fred the "dive buddy" in the red truck. :D Like i said thanks to the state budget ill just be doing day trips.

Boomx5 if you are up for a road trip let me know and keep in touch.

Im gonna be tied up for july 19 but am free most of the other days. I even broke down and bought a spear gun for some bigger halibut and lingcod. My spear pole just doesnt quite cut it in that department. :D

So if anyone wants to do any diving or spearfishing around monterey area or central CA such as spooners cove, morro bay, cambria, etc let me know.

lal7176 once bubbled...
I even broke down and bought a spear gun for some bigger halibut and lingcod. My spear pole just doesnt quite cut it in that department.
Remember your no-take zones :eek:ut: If Lingzilla goes missing we'll have to open a can of whoopass on ya :D

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Remember your no-take zones :eek:ut: If Lingzilla goes missing we'll have to open a can of whoopass on ya :D

Most of my spearfishing will be done along central CA waters and carmel area. I wouldnt dare take a speargun to breakwater, besides me and lingzilla are good buddies. He shows me his teeth and i leave him alone :D

I did some checking about spearfishers i seen at breakwater. Even though it is a reserve, from what i understand spearfishing there is not prohibited by Dept fish and game and is a city ordinance that prohibits it. So im not to sure how it is enforced.I guess it would have to be enforced by the city police and not DFG unless its a illegal catch.I received this information second hand so it might be totally untrue.Somene may want to clarify if they know the whole story since i opened this can of worms.

Now my opinion is that spearfishing should not take place at breakwater or any where in the reserve.Besides that, there are way to many divers around.I know i wouldnt want to get speared.It should be a look only and dont touch which is what i do. There are plenty of other places to go spearfishing.

Anyways im looking forward to a good halibut dinner.......hopefully :D

Buddied up with lal for a couple of dives in Morro Bay, surge, 1' viz caused an abort after 10 min at spooners cove, but our next attempt in the channel turned out pretty sweet, he is a fine natural diver with good reactions in the water, thanx for a good dive, It's always a pleasure to dive with another diver with a great attitude and good diving skills:) zeN||

zeN|| once bubbled...
Buddied up with lal for a couple of dives in Morro Bay, surge, 1' viz caused an abort after 10 min at spooners cove, but our next attempt in the channel turned out pretty sweet, he is a fine natural diver with good reactions in the water, thanx for a good dive, It's always a pleasure to dive with another diver with a great attitude and good diving skills:) zeN||

It was a great time except for the vis at spooners cove. One day i will dive there with good vis or keep trying till i give up. Its too bad since topside was so nice.This was my third attempt and all 3 have had vis under 1 ft if not worse. Maybe its time to buy a kayak to get further out.

Morro bay channel was much nicer at least vis wise. I still cant figure out where all the fish were. I think they play hide n seek unfortuantely they can hide much better than we can seek :D

It was also nice to have a good buddy that stays with you and is a good safe diver with great skills. Best of all he found my mask that i dropped in the water like a big dummy.....lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom