Looking for dive buddy in East Tenn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ruready7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a newly cert diver and I am looking for a dive buddy in East Tenn. My location also would allow dive buddies from SW Virgina and Western North Carolina. Also info on dive clubs would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance

Where in E. TN? I'm in the Knoxville area. I'll dive local but don't want spend hours driving.

I'm in Knoxville too.

You guys should checkout the pot luck dinner at Philly Quarry on Friday! Lotsa food, lotsa diving, and word is that he's got a fireworks show planned.

Hey philmayer...I think you were there with another group while I did my last checkout dive at Philadelphia Quarry with Greg. Name is Derek.

That would be me!

Are you coming to the potluck tomorrow? You will have TONS of dive buddies to choose from. We've got a bunch of students coming out, but there will be a bunch of certified divers there as well. Dinner is supposed to be at 3, but it will probably be more like 4-4:30. There will be fireworks after it gets dark as well.

Come join us!

You guys missed a great time!

PM1_2301.jpg

Yeah I missed it!! Had to work 230PM to 11PM. Try another day for diving!!

There will be another potluck in a couple of weeks. They're leading trips to Roatan July 26-Aug 2 and Aug 2 - Aug 9, and they want to have another before they leave.

There actually weren't that many people there. Most of our students switched to yesterday, so there were only about 40 divers there. Of course yesterday and today were packed -- four different dive shops brought students!

I would be interested in being your dive buddy. I live in Bristol, TN. PM if you are interested.

Ruready7 and I went diving today in South Holston. It was defiently an experience. When we first got in the water the viz was about 3-4 feet. Then we swam out to the left about 200 yards from where we got in. We eneded up getting in some current that kept spinning us around in a circle and it also pulled us down to 40 feet. So we could not figure out which way we where going so we decided to surface. When we started going up we were finning to go up for about 20 seconds then we noticed we were staying at 40 feet not moving at all. So I added some air to my BC and then we finally broke free. When we got to the surface we thought we were near were we got in, but we were about 100 yards off. Then we swam on the surface to about 100 feet to the right from where we got in and the water had about 10-15 feet viz. So tomorrow we are going back to dive THE GOOD SIDE= RIGHT SIDE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom