• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Looking for dive shop and dive site recommendations / Ambregris Caye

Discussion in 'Belize' started by Murphy in NC, Mar 6, 2018.

1. ibj40

ibj40 Divemaster

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    We were down there in May and used Ecologic Divers. I did a trip report that you should be able to find here.

We were really pleased with them, and will use them again when we return.

2. Ministryofgiraffes

Ministryofgiraffes Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 500 - 999

I go every year with the family, we are going back in 3 weeks for the annual. I always have and will use Belize pro divers. Very friendly guys, family feel operation, no backchat of ‘douchey’ behaviour from any of the crew. Very safe divers, very respectful of the reef/no touching of the sealife. You can always email emeliano at the dive shop, he responds quickly: Belizeprodive@gmail.com . As I always say, if I had teenage daughters diving alone, I would be happy to send them to the pro dive guys.

3. eastonpt

eastonpt Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    This saved me from creating a new thread. My wife and I will be going to Camp Belize w/ Jerry Jeff in a month and needed a rec: or a dive shop. Just emailed ProDive, thanks again!

Ministryofgiraffes likes this.
  4. Ministryofgiraffes

I’ll almost certainly see you there if it’s between the 19th jan and 2nd Feb..

5. eastonpt

eastonpt Angel Fish

Yessir, we got our lanyards 2-3 weeks ago for week 2 :) Really excited!

Ministryofgiraffes likes this.
  6. Ministryofgiraffes

Fantastic! I’ll ping you closer to the time and hopefully see you there!

7. Minnesota Cricket

Minnesota Cricket Angel Fish

FWIW we just returned from Belize and dove with Island Divers for all the local dives and went with Ramon's for our Blue Hole trip. We were very happy with Island Divers and would dive with them again if and when we ever get back. They include equipment rental which is nice. Unfortunately we had terrible weather for the Blue Hole trip...all day rain with strong winds, so our experience was not that great - a bunch of people getting sick on the boat both on the way out and way back (Including my son), everything getting soaked, etc. Ramon's did what they could given the situation, but in hindsight we wish they would have canceled, and in asking around town with regular divers that was one complaint on them is that they will go out regardless of conditions.

Just my 2 cents

8. eastonpt

eastonpt Angel Fish

Thanks Minnesota Cricket, I think we're gonna hold off on the blue hole as it's too long on the water with everything else we're going to do. We're going to Turneffe for sure :)
    Best,
    Chris