Looking for divers. I have a boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd love to hop on sometime. I'm not paying you for the trip though.

I do have a bad habit of dropping a few $20's out of my pocket from time to time, if you find them, they're yours. :D

A private boater who takes recreational buddies out in the ocean to dive 20 miles from shore is making himself incredibly vulnerable, should an accident or
fatality occur. We should celebrate their generosity.

Accepting a reasonable reimbursement for trip costs should be the least of their worries. It happens hundreds if not
thousands of times each week and the coast guard is not
going to go after them if it is a shared cost situation. I would think it is prudent to accept an undefined and variable contribution rather than a fixed fee that could be interpreted as a charter fee.

Guys I'm getting what your putting out. All I am getting at is I love diving offshore and was going nearly weekly when I was back in SC. We had a great group so trying to get a good group of guys that we can go out often locally.

I understand that completely. I have a boat and take out other divers. You shouldn't ask for money upfront or it could be considered a boat for hire. If your passengers choose to contribute to the cost of fuel or food, that's fine. You just can't ask for or demand it.

Is your boat single engine or dual engine?

Honda 225. Awesome engine by the way. In my 26 ft boat I have gone out with 4 divers and like 12 tanks and we cruised out around 25 mph. top speed with it is normally close to 40 mph. She moves boys for a single 225.

I’m a North Carolina diver and would be interested in getting some additional dives in this winter. I’m up for pretty much any site, depending on the dates.

You carry O2, first aid kit, etc. I assume. The layout of a 26 varies. Do you have any protection from sun and/or weather?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom