Looking for diving/buddies Missouri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clayhwalker

Reaction score
I am looking for some locations and dive buddies in Missouri. used to be a commercial diver then got burned out after a couple of years and am just now getting back into SCUBA. Any takers on a local dive trip between thanksgiving and Christmas let me know.

What part of Missouri are you in? There are quite a few of us in MO. Let us know where you are at, I am sure that there are several people around where you live. And welcome to the board.

DW

Not to discourage you, but this time of year, Midwest Muck Diving is slow. . . Try your local dive shops, or dive shops at some of the better dive lakes. Finding dive partners away from the lakes is tough, finding partners at the lake, while they wait to refill tanks puts you in a better target rich environment. Welcome back to diving. . . we're waiting for your words of wisdom. . . we like to share experiences. Our Oklahoma lakes are a longer drive for Missouri divers, but Arkansas has a couple of good diving lakes for you to look at.

I am in Eldorado Springs, just north of springfield Mo. I heard that Oronogo was a decent dive any thoughts?

I like Oronogo, but they will be shutting down for the winter at the end of this month. They will be open on New Years Day for a few hours. Stockton Lake is close to home, and a fun lake to dive if you are not looking for deep dives. We will have to set up a trip.

DW

I'm in STL, and I've been spending most of my weekends diving. We should organize a meetup, any suggestions as to where/when? I want to do another river dive soon, mehbe lower current or gasconade? A lake dive would be great. I'm not cave certified, but I'd be happy to dive anywhere that has water and is within my training limits...

Next wknd I will be at roubidoux, but anytime after that I should be g2g.

(<----

Next wknd I will be at roubidoux, but anytime after that I should be g2g.

(<----

good luck with that. That has been blown out more times than not this year. Flow looks pretty high this weekend, and with the rain today and tomorrow, I doubt if it will be good enough for cavern diving conditions.

I'm sure mike h. from your shop will figure out somewhere/sometime for the water drills that were scheduled for 17th&18th. I'm suprised to learn that roubidoux has been bad this year, considering how dry it has been. I'll try to 'curb my enthusiasm' :þ

Is there any interest in a meetup dive?? I know you instructors are probably busy with pre-vacation certification classes, but if anyone can sneak away for a weekend day sometime soon i'd love to meet some new local dive friends.

CHW,

Definately link up with Fleep up north, you'll have a great time.

It truly is hit-and-miss this time of year in the Spfld region. Most divers around here either are not equiped (becuase of cost) to dive the cold or simply do not desire to dive the cold. I've been known to brave the cold before, but my gear is being serviced for a trip in January, so I would be stuck renting (not that I can't). Oronogo should be shut down already, but with the warm trend, who knows.

Feel free to contact Mike (my boss) from Sho-Me Scuba (Springfield) to see if he might be available for a lake run and what he might charge. 417-882-3483

Also, I am hitting up Diver's Unlimited International about the DOG Days Dry Suit Rally 2008, so I can get the calendar posted ASAP. Forward planning for April!

Nah, Oronogo is open until the end of this month. I will be there on the 17th and probably the 24th as well.
As for a meet, it sounds good to me. Does anyone have any thoughts on where? I dive Oronogo a lot, but I know a lot of people don't like it. And for those of you around St. Louis, it would be a long drive for what many see as minimal conditions. I also dive Stockton Lake, but the rain we had this year has it messed up. So I am open to suggestions.
Hopefully we can get something set up.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom