Looking for: Freediving/spear fishing lesson in Monterey, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
HELLO,

I'm looking for an experienced freediver, spear fisher to give me a lesson on Monterey, CA.

I have all my own gear:
Mask, Goggles, boots, fins, gloves, wetsuit, snorkel, spear, weights & weight belt.

I'm missing extra flotation (bodyboard; longboard; kayak)

I'd love to do it any morning during the week (hopefully as soon as tomorrow; Wednesday).

A little about myself: The extent of my diving experience is very limited. I've gone abalone diving, but never deeper than 6 feet or so. And I have done some surface snorkeling. I'm athletic and a very quick learner.

Email me with a quick description of your experience and we can talk rates.

Thanks!!

I ran into a freedive instructor at Lovers Point taking some students out. If I can find his card I will post it. He was affliliated with Wallins Dive Center San Carlos. They have a website.

You may want to post on SpearBoard California Section.

If only 6 feet, might want to practice in a swimming pool before hitting the ocean. Or do you mean 6 meters for Abalone?

Hi Chaaalieboy,
I'm an instructor for Performance Freediving and we're running a freediving course in Monterey, CA on Aug. 29-Sept. 1. Our courses cover freediving techniques, breathing techniques and exercises for increasing breath-hold, freediving safety, physiology of freediving and much more. Please go to our website if you're interested and don't hesitate to email me at: erin.magee@performancefreediving.com The website is: performancefreediving.com

Erin
Performance Freediving International
954-302-2791

The PF classes are awesome. If you really want to learn and increase your freediving performance, check out one of their seminars. Many of my friends and our customers have gone through them.

Hi Chaaalieboy,
I'm an instructor for Performance Freediving and we're running a freediving course in Monterey, CA on Aug. 29-Sept. 1. Our courses cover freediving techniques, breathing techniques and exercises for increasing breath-hold, freediving safety, physiology of freediving and much more. Please go to our website if you're interested and don't hesitate to email me at: erin.magee@performancefreediving.com The website is: performancefreediving.com

Erin
Performance Freediving International
954-302-2791

Hey Erin,

I'm sorry, but $700 is way out of my price range. Unless you guys have soime sort of scholarship program I'm SOL.

Hi chaaalieboy,
Well you might be interested in one of our basic courses. They're $345 and max out at 66 feet,which may be perfect for you. The only issue is that we don't run those as often except in Ft. Lauderdale where we have an office. I do have an independent PFI instructor in California that may be able to help you out. His name is Robert. Here's his email: robert.lee@mba.berkeley.edu . He's a bit farther south than you, but maybe you two can coordinate something to put a class together.

Feel free to email or call me with any questions you have!

The PF classes are awesome. If you really want to learn and increase your freediving performance, check out one of their seminars. Many of my friends and our customers have gone through them.

Thanks Mike! :)

Back
Top Bottom