Looking for Grenada diving charter recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yrbabygirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hubby and I are headed to Grenada shortly. We love Sandals and will be diving with them. However, I did a lot of research on the more touristy spots that they tend to go and don't have too much of an interest driving with them on those days. So we are looking for a solid recommendation that we could charter instead for that day or two. Anyone out there with Grenada diving experience?

I've been diving with Aquanauts. I think they're great.

I second Aquanauts. I stay in their on site resort.

I had good luck with Native Spirit back in July this year. We were staying at the Radisson, so being onsite was a huge plus for me. No complaints with them though.

I also stayed at the Radisson in June, but dove with Aquanauts. They were great. Pick ups at the hotel or on the beach depending on the day's dive sites. IIRC Sandals is much closer to them than Grande Anse.

Thank you all for the suggestions. QUESTION: did they take you to good sites or the same tourist site like the under water sculpture park ( which I'm trying to avoid). Thanks!

Yes, Aquanauts took ok us to the underwater statue park but that's because our group wanted to go. The rest of the time they took us to other enjoyable sites.

Aquanauts goes to the marine park on Tuesday, I think. I think it's the height of creepy, so I find something else to do on Tuesday.

I just got back from Grenada about three weeks ago. We dove with Aquanauts. We stayed at the resort where the dive shop/boat is located, True Blue Bay Resort. I agree with Wookie, the underwater sculpture park was creepy, especially the ring of children. They looked like zombies. I was with twenty friends and they all wanted to go there so I went too. There are plenty of wrecks and reefs so you have your choice.

My suggestion is to call/email and set up the dive days and locations you want before you go. Some operators do specific sites on specific days and others go where the weather/visibility/currents are best on that day. It's very hard to nail down locations in advance when you can't know the weather, currents, visibility, number of divers who will be there - and what they collectively want to do before you get there. I generally get in country with one operator I plan to do some diving with so that I know they are operating at that time. Then on the first or second day I talk to several other operators and find out who is going where on what days - assuming full knowledge of the above - wind, current, rain, weather, visibility can change dive plans within minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom