Looking for info./recomendations on Manta in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott Riemer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I contacted Manta Divers via e-mail and am interested in using them while in Cancun May 1-8. I'm getting tired trying to search through other threads to get info on them from other divers. If you would recommend them please share why and if you have dove with them and would not recommend them I'd like to know why also. I'm staying at Moon Palace so if somebody knows if they have an in-house dive op, let me know what you know about them. Thanks for your help.

Scott Riemer:
I contacted Manta Divers via e-mail and am interested in using them while in Cancun May 1-8. I'm getting tired trying to search through other threads to get info on them from other divers. If you would recommend them please share why and if you have dove with them and would not recommend them I'd like to know why also. I'm staying at Moon Palace so if somebody knows if they have an in-house dive op, let me know what you know about them. Thanks for your help.
Just got home from moon palace. It is a large complex, but they have golf carts to get you around. The moon palace resort is actually 2 resorts together. So you have 10 restaurants to eat at. All the times overlap so you can eat 24 hours a day. The only place that didn’t have very fast service was the lobby bar but all the other restaurants had very fast service. They have an onsite dive shop. It’s Aquaworld. I would not recommend them. Even the locals say not to use them. Our first dive was with them. We were on a boat with 21 divers and 6 dive masters. When we arrived at the dive site, they told the first group to sit on the back of the boat. They just grabbed whatever BC they thought fit you and told you to put it on. Mine was too small, my wife’s was way to large. She didn’t have enough weight to get down, they tried to tell her to get out but I made them add weight while she was in the water. You are taken on a guided tour around a coral formation then back to the anchor line and in the boat. We had a bottom time of 23 minutes, had 1700 psi in my tank.
Our second dive was with Scuba Cancun. Very nice people. They explained more to us, answered questions better. It’s kind of hard to compare them because the second dive was in Cozumel but the service was allot better. When we arrived in Cozumel our group was split. There were only 6 divers and the guide on the boat. Smaller boat but friendlier atmosphere. The guide just told us to stay in site of him but we could go wherever we wanted. The first dive was at Santa Rosa wall. 95 feet and full of life. I would definaetly go back with this company. When you came to the surface the boat came to you. They took your weight belt and tank before you got out of the water. Very nice people definetly an A for effort.
let me know if you have any more questions about moon palace or anything else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom