Looking for live-aboard feb 2011 (and dive buddy)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guggyfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for a non-outrageous liveaboard sometime during feb 17 to mar 1. I've done a couple trips in the Carribean and also been to Curacao, so looking for something a bit different, but not someplace that will be too hard/long to fly to. Maldives, Philippines, Africa, etc. If someone also interested traveling that time of year (sorry, can't change dates), would love a dive buddy too. Any and all ideas welcome! Thanks.

Hey, I'm thinking of going to cozumel feb 20 thru feb 27 (land based). cost BWi to CZM using usairways.com vacations---single person with your own room @ fiesta americania Cozumel (diving is 75.00 per day 2 tank extra) AI with air and transfers 1259 BWI or 1288 from Newark, nJ. Also know my way around Mexico, could fly in mid week thru cancun transfers and ferry.

I only did one liveaboard, and thats not my style.. Any interest, send me and email.
Brian

If Egypt doesn't fall into the "too far to fly to" category, I can recommend, without any reservations, the MV Tala for a Red Sea liveaboard. We spent a week on her last October, and I can't imagine having more fun diving. And the price (if you can stay away from the helium and the scooters) I thought was quite reasonable -- it was $1400 a person for a week's diving, although Nitrox was extra.

Kona Aggressor (Kona Hawaii, Manta Night Dive), Nautilus Explorer (Socorro Canadian Flagged Vessel), SolmarV (Socorro Mexican Flagged Vessel), MV Spree (Dry Tortogas). Get dive buddy on board.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice. BGdiver1, thanks for the invite, but liveaboards are definitely better for me than land based. Egypt would be great, except water's too cold I think this time of year. In the end, I totally lucked out and took one of the last berths on the Tambora for a 12 day trip from Raja Ampat to Triton Bay. Yes, I know, it is VERY far, but since I got a VERY good deal, I made an exception. :D

Yeah!

I'm looking for a non-outrageous liveaboard sometime during feb 17 to mar 1. I've done a couple trips in the Carribean and also been to Curacao, so looking for something a bit different, but not someplace that will be too hard/long to fly to. Maldives, Philippines, Africa, etc. If someone also interested traveling that time of year (sorry, can't change dates), would love a dive buddy too. Any and all ideas welcome! Thanks.

I'm all signed up for the Utila Aggressor II , February 26-March 5. I've been on two other Aggressors: Cayman and T&C. My usual DB is incapacitated but we're not getting any younger, so I'm going alone. My 200th dive coming up. I'm 65, retired and love to be on the ocean.

My experience is that diving without a DB is OK as there is always someone to hook-up with. Jump in wherever suits you and make new friends...always!

PS I do not snore :angel2:do you:coolingoff:

Guggyfish, congrats on the booking to R4. You are going to have a great time. For next time, if by "non-outrageous" you mean not too expensive, and if you're willing to fly to Thailand (not all that much further than the Philippines), I'm sure you would enjoy it here as well. We have liveaboards in Thailand going out every single day from November to May, so no matter what your time frame, there's something that would work. No need to worry about being a solo traveler here in Thailand--many of our liveaboard divers arrive on their own. The boats assign you a cabin mate so that you don't have to pay single supplement fees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom