Looking for Oahu dive buddy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

somewhereinla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Aloha all,

I will be in the Honolulu's Kapiolani Park area for the next 2 weeks. I would love to find someone to do some shore diving with. I will be bringing my equipment along and my vacation schedule is very flexible :D

Hope to meet some of you while I am there.

cheers.

My money is on sea nmf. She lives very near there- my sister was living in that area, and sea nmf was very close by.

I was only able to squeeze in one shore dive last fall- the winter waves make shore diving hazardous on the north side.

I've met justleesa and ch0ppers rule (but I think I have her username wrong). There are some very neat folks out there- but, then, you probably already know that! Enjoy yourself!

You are right, the north shore is probably not an option at this time of the year, unless you are trying to win pipeline...lol.

I probably should add, being from southern Cal. that I am pretty experience with shore diving and heavier surf. Most of the diving I do is shore diving, so you wouldn't take a newbie out. Also I have been coming to Oahu every years for the last 20 years, so I am pretty familiar with the surf there as well. One of the spot I would love to check out is right out the Outrigger Canoe Club, there seem to be a pretty nice reef I wouldn't mind checking out....

Hey man, I am heading back to the island on the 31st. If you cant find anyone we cant grab some tanks and hit up E beach or do Kewalo pipe if you are up for it. I have access to Kayaks aswell so we can rent some of them and do some kayak diving if you would be game. PM and let me know. Like I said I will be flying back in on the 31st so maybe we can do some diving.

I want to say there is a reef not too far outside of Hale Koa. I used to work on one of the boats in town and remember hitting a decent reef up just outside of the hale koa. However you might need to kayak that one because the surface swim might be a bit rough due to current. Have fun and dive safe!

I am not sure if you are still here. But I am part of a group that dives every week. Check out the board and see what dives are planned or you can suggest a dive.

Scubaholic Forum : Index

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom