Looking for private home to rent in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baystr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looks like we will be back in Coz in March for my 10 yr old daughter's referral dives. I will be going with my wife and both daughters. In order to be cost effective, I would like to rent a private home this trip (with daily maid service) instead of the hotel route.

Would want to be a short walk to town, as we dont generally rent cars. Also short walk to a pier for dive boat pick up. Preferrably a place with a pool, and wi fi is a must. Please share any ideas, too much junk on the web, cant tell what is up from down. We will be there in January to hopefully inspect and make sure it is what we would like.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Its hard to get all you are looking for in a house...walk to town and pier, wi-fi and pool We have rented in the Corpus Christi area. Its a 15 min walk into town. Walking to a pier is hike. We have always rented a car and drove to Puerto Abrigo to meet our dive boat. I would imagine that the Aqua Safari pier or the Aldora pier would be the closest to this area of town, its a cheap cab ride. A cab to Caletta (or Puerto Abrigo if you use an op in that marina)might be about $8. or so each way. We have stayed at Villa Miranda (just google it) it is a great house with lots of space and a pool. Not sure about the wi-fi. We have also stayed at Casa Martillo, (www.casamartillo.com)a condo with 1 and 2 bedroom units, daily maid service a pool and wi-fi. Its been our favorite place to stay. You might consider renting at El Cantil. Its a condoon the water. It has its own private pier, a pool, maid service and is totally beautiful some might even have wi-fi! Quick walk into town. Just google El Cantil Cozumel to see the many different units available at a wide range of prices. Many dive ops will pick you up there.

Hey,
You can try sending a note to my friend Dan at Casas Cozumel. They are a real estate agency, but also do vacation home rentals. If you let him know what you want he may be able to set up a few viewings for while you are here next month.

dan@casascozumel.com

See you then,
Matthew

I have stayed at Casa Carlita which is in Corpus Christi area, it was beautiful and it had what you are looking for. This trip we are staying at Casa Tropicale (house not condo) which is on the north end of town. With many houses, cars may be necessary unless you like to walk or ride in cabs.

I'll 2nd Casa Carlita. A beautiful home on a quiet residential street just a block & a half behind the Chedraui grocery store and a short walk to the plaza area. I think it fits your criteria pretty well. The basics - 2 bedroom, 2 bath - with a small office that can also be used as a bedroom, full kitchen, dining room, living room, outdoor courtyard with a small pool, outdoor shower and rinse tank for dive gear. The house is fully furnished right down to a stack of beach towels and tons of dvd/vhs movies. Also has wifi, local phone as well as a phone specifically for free calls to the states. The master has a built in safe, the home is fully air-conditioned, and maid service is included (except for Sundays if I remember correctly.) We met the owners - Carla & Craig Hanson - on a flight to Coz some years ago, and finally had the opportunity to stay at the villa this past June. It was really a wonderful experience. The only part I cannot comment on is what the closest pier is to use - I think it would be at the Barracuda Hotel. We however had our dive op set us up with a cab driver that picked us up every morning and took us to the marina to meet up with our op. It was easy, and he was right on time every day. Casa Carlita

Back
Top Bottom