Looking for replacement regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codiak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my ScubaPro mk25s and S650s back from annual service....
Service that took 6 weeks!@#!@# While I can't blame the manufacture for the poor service at a vender the fact is I'm still waiting for the return of my Galileo Sol which was sent back to SB for some unexplained reason. Since the Sol is my SPG this is still time out of water that I can't dive.

We are entering week 8!@#!@#!@#

Doing the basic math, that means every 1 year out of 6 I won't be diving if I stick with this gear... so it's time to find a better solution.

Currently the Atomic T2 tops my list. I do a lot of cold water diving...
Any vendors want to through their product in the ring for consideration?

Why not look at regs you can service yourself? Dive Rite, HOG/ Egde, and Apollo all sell parts to the consumer. The manuals for DR and Apollo are on line. The HOG/Edge has a service course available if you have tech cert. And they will cost a helluva lot less for what I consider to be a reg just as good as if not better than either of the two you looked noted. High price does not mean a better product.

Why do you believe a different manufacturer is the solution to slow service? I suggest you shop around for a good service provider that will meet your needs. Don't overlook mail-order service providers as well as manufacturer service centers as possible options.

BTW, I agree that 6 to 8 weeks if totally off the scale of reasonable service times. A good local shop should be able to turn a routine service around in a day (2 if they are busy). Smaller shops may only have a weekly (or less) visit from a tech or may even ship them out themselves. Finding a good convenient shop may not be easy.

Why not look at regs you can service yourself? Dive Rite, HOG/ Egde, and Apollo all sell parts to the consumer. The manuals for DR and Apollo are on line. The HOG/Edge has a service course available if you have tech cert. And they will cost a helluva lot less for what I consider to be a reg just as good as if not better than either of the two you looked noted. High price does not mean a better product.

Jim,
Thanks, I hadn't considered this as an option and will definately look into it.

Why do you believe a different manufacturer is the solution to slow service? I suggest you shop around for a good service provider that will meet your needs. Don't overlook mail-order service providers as well as manufacturer service centers as possible options. .

The difference between Atomic and ScubaPro is significant... Atomic service is every two years or 300 dives vs ScubaPro's required 12 months (+- 1).
While cost is always a factor, the service times and ScubaPro poor enduser support is the deal breaker for me.

To me the clock is still running since SP has the dive computer not a shop.
Most annoying thing about the Computer is it was sent in so they could verifiy the transmitters... the Computer was FINE.... only thing I can figure is they tried to be nice and swap the battery and mucked it up.

BTW, I agree that 6 to 8 weeks if totally off the scale of reasonable service times. A good local shop should be able to turn a routine service around in a day (2 if they are busy). Smaller shops may only have a weekly (or less) visit from a tech or may even ship them out themselves. Finding a good convenient shop may not be easy.

We had a local shop close recently, still not sure why. The alternate shop sent the equipment to a shop in Chicago where it sat for who knows how long.

I hate doing certain things mail order and bought SP only because of local service.
Something I'm not concerned about in my next purchase....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom