looking for SEA liveaboard advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scren

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am planning a trip to vietnam, cambodia and laos for 2 weeks in may with a non-diver, but have been given the ok by my boss to take an extra week so i can go dive before my friend meets me (thanks, boss!). i think that a liveaboard is my best option, since i want to do as many dives as possible in that week, so i am looking for advice on my options...here's the situation:

-- i have miles on delta to get to sea, and they have confirmed that i can fly into 1 country and out of another. the options basically break down to bangkok, singapore or kuala lumpur for my diving part of the trip, then i will fly out of vietnam.
-- thailand seems to make the most sense, as i will then travel to meet my friend when she arrives in laos or vietnam, or maybe she will meet me in bangkok. but, since this is my 1st time in the area, i want to get the best diving in that i can! (i am cool with flying or other travel modes out of bangkok to get to good dive spots!)

so, can anyone offer info/advice on best places to do a live aboard for about 1 week in thailand in may? or in the malaysia/indonesia area? any ideas of general cost of a weeklong liveaboard there? any ops you'd recommend? anyone done a trip like this? i also hope to sneak in a few dives in vietnam and cambodia, even though i understand that they're not very dive-developed yet...any advice there?

i know i am asking a lot, but i've gotten fantastic advice on previous trips from this board, so i had to ask! thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom