Looking for teams in the Pittsburgh Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UncleJoes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Coraopolis (Pittsburgh area) Pennsylvania
# of dives
500 - 999
I am a member of the Crescent Twp VFD Dive Team but also a local shop owner. At DEMA I was approached about hosting a demo for a new hazmat drysuit.

I have been having alot of trouble finding rescue teams in the area much less their contact info.

I know it's a stretch but can anyone help me?!?

Jeff

Jeff:

I am a member of the Lower Burrell Public Safety Dive Team which is just northeast of Pittsburgh. The "teams" I am aware of are:

- Lower Burrell - Currently in limbo due to a Worker's Comp issue with the city but a well equipped team with an 18 year existence and numerous recoveries.

- Greensburg Fire Department - Well organized and respected team which offers services to a wide area of Western Pennslyvania.

- City of Pittsburgh - Operates within the City via the Paramedic Division

- Unionville Fire Department - Butler County - Don't know much about their operation, but they have been in operation for a number of years.

- Air Search and Rescue - Allegheny County - They have a Scuba Division and have been working with the Lower Burrell Public Safety Dive Team.

- There are a number of other fire departments scattered throughout Western PA who have some divers but I do not know much about their operations. Kittanning, Leechburg, Monroeville, are a few which come to mind.

If I can be of any other assistance, please feel free to PM me.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom