Looking for "THE BEST" liveaboard during June 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d100965

New
Reaction score
Hi,
My fiance and I were booked onto the Aggressor in the Galapagos for our honeymoon in June 2011. Due to dive itinerary changes enforced by the local park authorities and some mucking about by the tour operator the trip became too expensive and was no longer value for money. To cut a long story short we had to cancel, (today).

I have less then 2 months to go before getting married and I am now looking for a new liveaboard in June for our honeymoon. (We are willing to delay the honeymoon till later in the year if necessary).

Requirements:-
Looking for THE BEST worldwide locations, any recommendations welcomed.
Big wildlife to see would be good.
Not the Red Sea as we've done that twice.
Looking for a least 4 dives per day (and to include night diving).
also looking for a good deal

My fiance and I are also Skydiving Instructors with 3500 jumps between us, we are very fit and need constant activity, we will struggle doing relaxed or nothing.....
The more adventurous the better please, REALLY adventurous!!!
If you know of any liveaboard deals or alternatively if you can recommend a location worthy of a honeymoon trip of a lifetime please let us know.

Regards
Michael and Karen

My best in the world:
1. The Truk Oddysea - world class wrecks with prolific reef growth
2. Naia - Fiji - world class soft corals, sharks, reef life.
3. Nautilus Explorer - Big animal diving, Mexican Galapagos

Why not any recommendations for Cocos?

I've had a good look at all the suggestions and the trips are excellent.
The Nautilus Explorer has a good trip on offer at the right time called Socorro Island gentle giants,
But I'm also considering Cocos with Underseahunter....

So Socorro or Cocos?

Palau.........
any liveaboard, there are 4 there.

huge animals, sharks on every dive, manta dives, wild drift dives, deep dives, sheer vertical walls, turtles, anemone fish, huge schools of fish, mandarin fish, snorkel jellyfish lake, WWII wrecks, blue holes. need I say more?

robin:D

Socorro and Cocos are good places as well, with focus on big animals, but at least Socorro, not so much on the smaller and the corals, and the islands are hardy climate spots. Cocos is renowned of course, but you have 36 (?) hour drive to get there.

And you're going on a liveaboard for your honeymoon, AND willing to delay it to get a good boat and location....

I mean who IS this woman you're marrying?! Those are keeper qualifications if I ever saw them. :)

Hi Michael + Karen,

I would like to propose one of the ultimate big animal trips - 12 nights to Cocos aboard the incredible Undersea Hunter June 24-July 6, 2011. Regular rate is $5695 + $315 Park fees for 12 nights with 9 full days of diving.

As a wedding gify we will give you $1000 off per person, making it $4695 + $315 park fees.

It includes free nitrox fills so you only need your San Jose hotel on top of that.

Let me know.

Best regards, Dom

Dominick Macan
Dive Advice Travel
dom@diveadvice.com
DIVE ADVICE TRAVEL - Welcome to Dive Advice Travel

US office in Mill Valley California

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom