Looking for very small bailout bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

id just get a 6 or 13 cu. ft. pony bottle with first stage and a second stage like the oceanic slimline...something real small. youve gotta think, if youre flipping a boat would you want a steel bottle on your leg? heavy items carry enertia, and it might be quite painfull. personally, I would attach it to a place easy to reach with a quick release clamp or something, and then tether it to your leg with a slightly slack line. If you roll, you put the reg in your mouth. and then when you wanna bail just pop the clamp. the bottles attached to you but only by a tether so you dont lose it, but it wont kill your leg if you crash. and you gotta remember, with a slightly bigger bottle, it might be safer to stay in the boat until the rescue team gets there. with more air, you have more options.

Actually one of my customers buys regs, swivels, and pony bottles from me and custom makes boat racing helmets. He also gets hoods, and cuts them off, attaching the neck to the helmet to seal around the neck. I'm not exactly sure how they are configured.. But if you want to call, email, or pm me tomorrow, I can try to get you in touch with him.

Back
Top Bottom