Looking for water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkybait

Reaction score
Howdy all.......
Stupid question, but a quick one.....
Anyone have any idea where I can find about 30' of water to do an equipment check just east of Toronto.......
Thanx......
(nothing too dirty, I may have a dry suit leak)
hehehe

East, huh?

I only know of Humber Bay and Big Bay Point/Centennial Park. Both would probably be too far for you.

If you want a buddy for the equipment check though, I still have about 2200 psi in a tank I could burn off....

I've gotta pick up my tanks and assemble still......
But hopefully I'll be ready to get a little wet (dry) by the weekend.
Will let ya know... thanx

Call Brian at Dive source thats his turf and he would no best.

Mr A

Mr Adams:
Call Brian at Dive source thats his turf and he would no best.

Mr A

Did I hear my name?

I am not at the shop these days as I have a bit of a bug, but Karl is in and he could likley point you the right way.

The standard answers for the question of what shore dives are near Durham include: Burleigh falls, Clear Lake, Big Bay Point, Kirkfield (but not anymore), Behind Ducks dive (picton), Fairfield Park (amherstview).

Of course none of these are 5 minutes from home but that's the hand we are dealt geographically.

Interesting.

Of those sites, I've only ever been to Big Bay Point, myself.

Amherstview??? If you're going out there might as well continue on to Kingston.........(I think that's the same town, unless you're thinking of some place I don't know about)

Kirkfield is a nice easy site. It's an old quarry with fairly constant depth down to about 25 feet, no current to speak of. Easy access, with some interesting things to see. the viz can be questionable at times especially if the bottom is kicked up, but otherwise a good site to do a nice easy dive. Problem is, as Brian alluded to, is that the owners are beginning a housing development around the site and the manager who runs the place requires a minimum group of 20 divers at $10 a head. So a dive there will take some planning.

Warren_L:
Kirkfield is a nice easy site. It's an old quarry with fairly constant depth down to about 25 feet, no current to speak of. Easy access, with some interesting things to see. the viz can be questionable at times especially if the bottom is kicked up, but otherwise a good site to do a nice easy dive. Problem is, as Brian alluded to, is that the owners are beginning a housing development around the site and the manager who runs the place requires a minimum group of 20 divers at $10 a head. So a dive there will take some planning.
And he won't take reservations from anyone other than dive shops. Which means if you and 19 friends want to dive the quarry you still need to find a dive shop to phone it in. (from what I understand, I could be wrong)

FreeFloat:
East, huh?

I only know of Humber Bay and Big Bay Point/Centennial Park. Both would probably be too far for you.

If you want a buddy for the equipment check though, I still have about 2200 psi in a tank I could burn off....

We could try to line the pipes @ West Humber
We still have a mission to complete!
Close easy access

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom