Looking for Weeki Wachee group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

panarea

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm headed to FL for a week in late December and was interested in seeing what there was to see at weeki wachee. Can anyone recommend the best dive sites and/or local dive shops that have group trips planned for weeki wachee. Apparently they only cater to groups and not individual divers. Thanks

Weeki Wachee just became a state park and I'm not sure how they are doing things now. It may be best to call them at 352-596-2062. They can probably direct you to a shop or someone running a group over there. Scuba West, down the road in Hudson can probably be of some help too.

Scuba West has a sink hole across the road from the shop that you can dive. I've never been there, but I don't think that it's a "destination" though.

What kind of diving are you looking to do? I don't know much about what's around the immediate area, but there's a lot of great spring diving a little further north.

American Pro Diving up in Crystal River can take you on a tour of some of the nice local springs...Rainbow River, Devil's Den, Blue Grotto, Manatee Spring, etc. They can also take you to swim with the manatee, a very unique experience if you've never done it. They run a pretty good operation.

Hope this helps.

I live VERY close to Weeki Wachee and have dove it once. In my opinion it is not worth $50.00 to do this dive. It is not very deep and there is very little to see except maybe a turtle (striped leg)swimming out of your way.
I have never dove Hudson Grotto but it is considered by most, to be an advanced dive. Low visibility in the tanic water make it difficult to keep buddy teams together.
The other suggestions are much better........Devils Den, Blue Grotto, Manatee Springs, Hospital Hole, Crystal River with the Manatees etc.
PM me when you get in and I might be back from vacation and be able to show you around a little. Please let me know what you like to see and do when diving. Spearfish, wrecks, freshwater, saltwater, deep, reefs, ornamental fish watch as well as what temps you are prepared to dive.
Gulf water will be in the low 60s, Atlantic water will probably be in the low 70s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom