Looking to dive LA July 30/31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you mean the wrong side for New Zealand, or the wrong side for you! :-o

If youd managed to drive on the RHS for a week in NZ and lived I'd be WAY impressed!
Just would go to show there's nothing on the roads over there!

Cheers
R

LOL - the wrong side for ME, but the right size for NZ! :D

It was tough, but I managed. Definitely it was helpful that there wasn't a whole lot of traffic, although I did end up in a few congested spots around Rotorua, and I also drove into and all around Aukland on the highways. So yeah, I did it! And survived! So if I can do it, you can do it.

OK! My flights are finally CONFIRMED (a whole 2 days before I go to the airport... WTF??) so I'm booking on Spectre to do Friday 30th and Saturday 31st!! Can't wait now.

TRANSPORT! I checked out car hire in downtown LA and car hire places will be closed by the time I'm finished with the conference on Thursday, and by the time they open Friday morning it will be too late. There's other ways, including hiring a car at LAX and a shuttle from LAX that only arrives around 11pm.

To cut along story short:

If anyone around LA wants a half price dive on Spectre on Friday 30th, I'll flick them $50 to give me a ride up from downtown. I'm staying in the Westin Bonaventure which is only just off the freeway, so I'm hoping this is a tempting offer! Can go up either Thursday night (staying overnight on the boat) or Friday morning. I'll also be looking for a ride back on Saturday afternoon and there's another $50 on the table for that.

BTW this doesn't mean I'm made of money, far from it, just that I'm desperate to get wet since my other plans to dive the Caribbean afterwards were cancelled!!

I might even start a new thread for this.

Cheers!
R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom