Looking to recertify in Santiago Chile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I haven't made a dive in over 6 years and I want to recertify. I am currently in Santiago Chile. Does anybody have a line on a good dive shop in the Santiago area?

thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome back to diving! There are several shops in Santiago that can recertify you. What agency are you looking for? If it is PADI, check out www.buceamar.cl Walter Soto is a great instructor and his shop is in Vitacura and the ocean portion in Quintay. But - that would be in Spanish. You can contact Paula Paz, who is also on Scubaboard. She is a PADI Instructor and speaks English. She works with Buceo Pichidangui but lives in Santiago.
If you are looking for a CMAS English instructor, call up Nico Repetto - at www.Atmosfera4.cl He is a CMAS instructor and speaks English.
Hope you enjoy getting back into the water.

Good to see more divers from Chile appearing here on SB. I hope to dive there some day soon, although most likely in the south to film your kelp forests.

Thanks Nami and Dr Bill,
I am checking the different certifications now. Now sure of differences so doing my home work. While my English is certainly better than my Spanish, my Spanish is much better than my "Chileano"...po, but I'm getting better

thanks so much for the good information I look forward to getting back at it and will decide which cert I want. I was PADI years ago, so may do something different just for difference... Thanks again!

BaB

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom