Looking to SCUBA in CUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Has anyone out there been to Cuba and done some diving? I am looking for names of reputable dive shops, and some of the best (don't wanna miss) sites. We will be staying in Guardalavaca (North shore, Eastern end of Cuba).

I am heading to Cuba in mid November for a friend's wedding and am looking forward to doing some diving while I am there. Since this is not a dive specific vacation, I am looking for some of the best sites (to maximize my fun). I enjoy diving wrecks and reefs, and my wife loves the animal life.

We are both intermediate level divers having been diving for several years but only periodically.

Please help, I'm having difficulty finding information on the web :06:

I can't wait till Cuba opens up to American travellers... it will take a boat load of stress off of other reefs.

zboss:
I can't wait till Cuba opens up to American travellers... it will take a boat load of stress off of other reefs.

As we say in scuba diving -- don't hold your breath :frown:

ScubaTexan- I disagree. I think the day is coming when Cuba will be open to us for regular tourism, rather than the real and contrived scientific/cultural trips that are arranged to go there legally. It's about time.

Dr. Bill

Back
Top Bottom