Los Angeles Diving in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iwalkathinline

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Forum,

I'm coming to LA at the end of November, and looking for some good diving... I know it'll be cold - I did the Coronado Islands in San Diego a few Septembers ago, and I expect this will be even colder. Can anyone offer some good recommendations? In googling around, it looks like Catalina Island may be worth seeing? Also, I'm hoping to have my girlfriend certified by then, and if she is this will be her first real dive. Anyway, looking for some input from locals or others who have had good experiences in this area.

Thanks!

Happy & SAFE diving everyone!

Check out the Magician Dive boat out of San Pedro and the Peace Dive Boat out of Ventura. November is one of the best months of the year for diving SoCal. Nov. 8th, 2015 was the day of best viz I had all year shore diving. Great shore diving in Laguna Beach. And, the Dive Park at Catalina is popular. SoCal diving is not as beginner friendly as more tropical choices. The water is cold, the viz is less and the beach break can be tricky. Choose carefully for your newbie girlfriend. Also, open boat dive trips in SoCal do not offer guided dives, unless you are a customer of a dive shop which has chartered the vessel.

Back
Top Bottom