Los Rocas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... If you want to do 4 or 5 dives per day...every day...then you can't beat the opportunities you will experience at CCV. ...

Only if you want to do the exact same dive over and over 4-5 times a day - every day. Could have been the boat I was on or the DM - but every site (the "front yard" 2-3 times a day - seriously) monotonously the same. I found the dives the very definition of monotonous: dull, tedious, and repetitious; lacking in variety and interest.

very close to Media Luna, and their house reef is Half Moon Bay Wall...a phenomenal site that the southside dive ops visit frequently.
I learned something today, there are two Half Moon Bay wall sites.

This one in the West End - Half Moon Bay Wall | Roatan Diving Sites | Splash Inn

and the one off Media Luna which in the one listing I found it on is called Half Moon Bay.

And there are TWO "Sandy Bays".

And two dive sites called "Hole in the Wall".

Originality is not high on the list down Honduras way.

Ever heard of the "resort" called Fantasy Island?

Only if you want to do the exact same dive over and over 4-5 times a day - every day. Could have been the boat I was on or the DM - but every site (the "front yard" 2-3 times a day - seriously) monotonously the same. I found the dives the very definition of monotonous: dull, tedious, and repetitious; lacking in variety and interest.
Apparently you missed this:
Boat Dives

There are two boat trips that depart from CoCo View daily, which means you get up to four tank dives from the boat if you do a drop-off on the way home.

Apparently you missed this:

Didn't miss it at all. Went on every boat - morning and afternoon. Sites we went to were monotonously the same, with almost no fish, poor vis and the same topography - one section essentially the same as any other. I quit doing the drop off dives after a few days because the vis sucked and again almost no fish and every section like every other. B.O.R.I.N.G.!!! Sorry, I'm just not into searching through soft coral for hours trying to find that single half inch seahorse.

Sorry, I'm just not into searching through soft coral for hours trying to find that single half inch seahorse.

If you're only interested in big fish swimming around you, then you should frequent places known for that. Have you tried Key Largo? There are always plenty of fish around there. If you're into walls, reef structure, soft coral and the thought of being able to find seahorses, decorator crabs, banded coral shrimp, Pederson cleaning shrimp, etc., etc., etc. appeals to you, then by all means...dive the south shore of Roatan.

And since this is all about diving, once you hone in on WHERE you want to go diving to be able to see the things you're interested in, then you need to decide what type of place will allow you to accomplish your diving desires in a manner that suits your fancy. So then you check out the dive operations and how many boat dives they do each day, how many different dive sites they visit each day, whether shore diving is included, etc. Once you determine your diving preferences, then it's time to decide what type of accommodations you would like and the amenities you prefer.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are many divers who have gone through all of the above scenarios, and many of them LIKE to do the type of diving offered at CCV. For those who prefer something a little different, there are plenty of alternatives. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with theirs...

The point I'm trying to make is that there are many divers who have gone through all of the above scenarios, and many of them LIKE to do the type of diving offered at CCV. For those who prefer something a little different, there are plenty of alternatives. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with theirs...

Agreed. I just think CCV is vastly over rated and over priced even if you like the type diving offered there. I'm glad I went only because I would always have wondered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom