Losing the hose - Can I "Wrist Mount" a Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Pro Plus 2 and love the large display. Problem is - I want a wrist mount and really don't need or want integrated air. My SPG is just fine.

How would the Pro Plus 2 operate if I just "cut the hose" and strapped it to my wrist?

Would it still operate? Would the DTR algortihm just default to NDL time?

I am not sure how it would work but I bet you could unscrew the hose from the base and put in a threaded plug.

I have a Pro Plus 2 and love the large display. Problem is - I want a wrist mount and really don't need or want integrated air. My SPG is just fine.

How would the Pro Plus 2 operate if I just "cut the hose" and strapped it to my wrist?

Would it still operate? Would the DTR algorithm just default to NDL time?

I am guessing it would function but without RBT calculations, etc. Not sure why you would wish to affix that brick to your arm though. I would simply sell and purchase a proper wrist-mount computer.

I am guessing it would function but without RBT calculations, etc. Not sure why you would wish to affix that brick to your arm though. I would simply sell and purchase a proper wrist-mount computer.

If only I could find a wrist mount computer with a numeric display as large and bright ...

Since aquiring the PP2, I've purchased a Tusa DC Sapience II (excellent computer, LOVE the vibrate mode, but unreadable in dark murky lake conditions - poor backlight and small numbers) and a Mares Nemo Wide (Large display area, excellent backlight, but for some unknown reason the designers decided to NOT use the display real esate - the numbers are too small - lots of blank space). So I remain in search of a solution.

Unless I'm missing something else out there, I'm going to just bungee the PP2 to my wrist and see what happens.

I've had two Pro Plus computers. Sold the first when I got a deco computer, big mistake. I missed the Pro Plus and had to buy another one. Just now, my Nitek died and I bought a VT3 as a light deco computer. Great computer! It's the same great Oceanic computer with some additional deco capability, but it still has big numbers and an awesome backlight. Oceananic really seems to have it together, especially when it comes to computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom