lost fin at cedral...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, yes. I was on that dive and she was much upset. Hope it turns up.

It was great diving with you guys. We have one more dive day Friday and then we fly.

I wasn't just the loss of her fin that she was so upset about, this was the second day in a row that this same captain, Jose, who I believe is NOT a Blue Angel regular, left her hanging on the surface way too long.

the day before she came up early because of being low on air ( did not dive that day), and he left her bobbing on the surface for over 10 minutes when he was clearly in view of her. She's pretty sure he was asleep. On the second dive pretty much the same thing.

Then with him pretty much doing the same thing to us on the day in question. We were on the surface over 5 minutes before anyone else surface, he waited until another couple surfaced, retrieved them, THEN came and got us, by this time she was near panic as she had run completely out of air and with the current, we were having a very hard time staying together to "buddy breath" off the little air I had left by this point ... I came up with 900lbs. and was nearly out myself by the time he arrived.

So it was the combination of the anxiety of dealing with this captain, who I will refuse to dive with next year if he's on my board, and the loss of one of the only pair of scuba fins she has ever owned that made her so upset.

... the good news is, I was able to find a pair on ebay to replace them. Amazing I could still find a pair of these exact fins. She bought them in 2001 and they have been discontinued for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom