Lost: Weight Pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChickenFried

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Another weekend, another piece of gear lost. This time my son lost a weight pocket from his BCD. It was lost at the Bluffs on Beaver Lake, AR. It happened somewhere around the submerged double-decker boat at 40 feet or perhaps as we were looking around south of there. The weight pocket has an orange handle and contains a 5 pound weight. If you find it I sure would appreciate you sending me a message. Thanks!

Wow; must be getting shallow there. Last time I dove that boat it was 60 feet.

Good Luck; you're going to need it in that mud.

What BC brand/model is it?
I have a few pockets that I have found, pay shipping and I'll send it to u

Pavao,I appreciate the offer. The BCD is a Genesis Phantom.

T.C., the bottom wasn't real muddy where we were. More of a gravel and rock bottom as it is along a submerged bluff. But ya, some areas can get pretty silty on the bottom.

Yeah, I remember the area. I remember the (stinky) muck that you can stick an arm down, and not hit anything solid. But up towards the shore it was more rocky.

Say Hi to Jim next time you're there for me.

Wow; must be getting shallow there. Last time I dove that boat it was 60 feet.

Good Luck; you're going to need it in that mud.

The big boat sits most of the time at normal pool around 50ft. We have lost a little water dam use I would bet to keep the fish cool at river side. The bow started at 38ft and stern right at 50ft.

Ryan I'm going out Friday to play with my new BC again I have bought the straps and weight pouch's to fix my problem so I will keep my eyes out for your sons lost weight.

The big boat sits most of the time at normal pool around 50ft. We have lost a little water dam use I would bet to keep the fish cool at river side. The bow started at 38ft and stern right at 50ft.

Ryan I'm going out Friday to play with my new BC again I have bought the straps and weight pouch's to fix my problem so I will keep my eyes out for your sons lost weight.
We're talking about the houseboat that (as the story goes) Jim "accidentally" sank that's off to the right of the boat ramp?

Back
Top Bottom