Lousy shipping options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That doesn't surprise me, given my limited past experiences with DSS (all good) and what their reputation is generally, lonebrave. Too bad it's not clearly offered at checkout--the main reason I use online stores is ease of getting things ordered, and having to hope I get such a call and/or pick up the phone doesn't really gibe with that. It's a silly quibble, but I really, really hate UPS and moving to Hawaii has just magnified their numerous flaws IMO.

small price to pay for living in Hawaii, I'm envious.

I do the email thing myself so they can use USPS and ship to my APO in Germany. Everything has always arrived fine that way. Not bothered at all by the extra step, though I like convenience as much as the next person.

US postage sucks. previously I had a BCD posted to OZ for $40 and bought all my gear from US. Then in the last 12 months it went ballistic, a letter with a small $5 item costing $45 so stupid. Because of this unrealistic postage I now buy from UK, Italy, China etc, and never US unless I can find reasonable shipping. Just bought about $700 of gear from Piranha Diving manufacture as they sorted a reasonable supply cost for me. Others just don't seem to want to try and the loss is theirs not mine. I know of many Australians who would buy from US but postage kills the sale.

US postage sucks. previously I had a BCD posted to OZ for $40 and bought all my gear from US. Then in the last 12 months it went ballistic, a letter with a small $5 item costing $45 so stupid. Because of this unrealistic postage I now buy from UK, Italy, China etc, and never US unless I can find reasonable shipping. Just bought about $700 of gear from Piranha Diving manufacture as they sorted a reasonable supply cost for me. Others just don't seem to want to try and the loss is theirs not mine. I know of many Australians who would buy from US but postage kills the sale.

I hear ya and for me with the plunging Yen America purchases are not as attractive as they once were.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom