love finding anchors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riverdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Found this anchor today in the St.Clair River.We have a group of divers that get together and dive every year on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. And last year I found the small steel cross arm anchor on the dive.

Attachments

• SAM_0306.jpg
    SAM_0306.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 310
  • SAM_0311.jpg
    SAM_0311.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 266
Reminds me of something that happened on our dive boat. Two divers returned to the boat sating they had found an anchor and wanted to retrieve it. They had unshackled the chain from the anchor so it could be brought up with a lift bag. The boat's captain replied something to this effect: "That was OUR anchor you idiots!"

Reminds me of something that happened on our dive boat. Two divers returned to the boat sating they had found an anchor and wanted to retrieve it. They had unshackled the chain from the anchor so it could be brought up with a lift bag. The boat's captain replied something to this effect: "That was OUR anchor you idiots!"

:rofl3: Hysterical!

I do not pick up bottles, but yes their is plenty. I do pick up steamship china. I found all this just this year.

Attachments

• SAM_0268.jpg
    SAM_0268.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 327
I recently found five anchors myself. The are pretty large and I am considering salvaging them. But what do you do about the chain? One is a large steel stock with a shank of about six feet. With about 100 feet of chain in a large loop almost back on it's self. The local limestone has affected the chain where the links are similar to being welded solid.

So what is the easiest way to separate the anchor from the chain?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom