Lower Back Pain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
:( I've been experienceing lower back as of late, I use an HP100 Tank, 16 pounds of lead. Boy my back hurts.

Never had back pain before, until last week and a half.

Any remedies or advice?

Hi jonscubas,

1. Don & doff your cylinder & weights in the water, not on the boat.

2. When lifting your gear, lift properly. That is with your legs & not your lower back.

3. Do gentle stretching of your lower back before diving, during surface intervals & afterward.

4. Take an analgesic that works for your without side effects. Aleve may be a good one to try.

5. If your discomfort continues, see an orthopedist.

Best of luck.

DocVikingo

If you wear some of the lead on your lower back (using a weight belt) move it to the sides on your hips.

Regular back exercise helps provide a long term solution

Ralph

If you are experiencing symptoms already, remedy them before it gets serious! I have had on & off back pains due to several accidents & strains. If you "tough it out," you may be inviting relapses. Are you using a soft weight belt? are you distrubuting it evenly around your waist? Must you use such a heavy tank?

If you need a chiropractic adjustment, massage, or acupunture to assist the healing, call these resources & describe your pain to see if they can help you. Don't let soreness become constant pain. (I am an artist, not a Dr.)

Went to a neurologist and a chiropracter, and both said stop abusing my back. Now I carry heavy things on a dolly, take a little arthitis meds (or motrin against both thier recommendations) when pain flares up, and get a chiropractic adjustment every 2 to 4 weeks. It's working for me.

I see my chiropractor one to three times a week. I have had serious back problems since I was 16years old. I have torn many muscles, picnhed many nerves, and slip a disc or two. A couple of years ago, I was told I would need surgery to fix my back. I refused it. I started seeing a chiropractor when the pain got unbearable. Since then, I have been feeling much better, and x-rays show that the discs in my back are much better then before. I would highly recommend going to a good chiropractor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom