Lugging stuff around

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scywin

Reaction score
There are plenty of places where you need to lug stuff, including tanks, some distance. I have a lower back problem and this is not fun. At Dutch Springs, you need to go up and down a hill to get from the area where you set up to the water.

A couple years ago I used to see ads for tank boots with wheels on them like a piece of luggage. I never saw one for real so I guess they never caught on, but they looked like a solution for the lugging equipment after it has been set up problem.

Does anyone have a better idea and/or know whatever happened to the wheeled tank boots?

(Some of you thought pink tank boots would kill you! Imagine pink tank boots with WHEELS! LOL)

PS: I did do a search and did not find anything on this topic, so when you want to tell me that this has been covered in six other threads, please provide links. Thanks.

If you're female, the obvious answer to your problem is to look helpless and bat your eyes at the first big, strong man who comes by.

I never use this tactic myself, but I've seen it work well for other women.
:wink:

As a grandfather, that won't work for me, but I have resorted to bringing along a teenager! LOL

For my doubles I have a hand truck; no reason it wouldn't work for a single. Plus they're dirt cheap at Sam's Warehouse ($30-$40), which I bet would be in the ballpark for an asking price for a wheeled tank boot, but the hand truck is a lot more econometric.

Roak

Do you just leave it on shore, or do you then roll it back to your truck for the period you are in the water? Sounds like something that would get "borrowed" if you left it on shore where it was most convenient.

scywin once bubbled...
Do you just leave it on shore, or do you then roll it back to your truck for the period you are in the water? Sounds like something that would get "borrowed" if you left it on shore where it was most convenient.
Normally doubles means a short walk to water, so I wear them. However, I have left it on shore bicycle locked (chain style) to a tree.

Roak

I see a lot of people at breakwater in monterey using kids wagons to haul their gear around. You can get the one with the offroad inflatable tires for the rough stuff plus it would be a good excuse to get the kids or grandkids a new wagon to play with except on dive days :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom