Lumix DMC-TS5 and marine case questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lovetoscuba

Registered
Reaction score
I just bought the Lumix TS5 online and have yet to received it. I'm looking to buy a marine case for the TS5 for scuba diving. I am considering the one made by Panasonic (DMW-MCFT5) that is rated to 131' priced at $199 and the Ikelite housing that is rated to 200' priced at $259. I am a casual vacation diver and the deepest I ever went was 109' at Grand Cayman. Do you think the Panasonic casing would serve my purpose or should I go with the more expensive Ikelite? Also I am curious as to what would happen if for instance I went under or over the rated depth of the marine case and water got in the case but since the camera itself is rated to 43', shouldn't everything be OK? The camera and case should be good for the next dive right?(after I empty out the water of course)

Back
Top Bottom