Luxfer S100 as bottom stage...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks You all for the good replies...
:)

About number and size of deco bottles, I think all depends on the type of decompressive plan, "safety rules", team choices and so on... but deco bottles are a "bonded" choice.

About bottom stage, instead, the issue is a bit free...

Bigger back gas tanks surely are the best solution: more hydrodynamic and clean configuration and, as You've written, less restrictiveness for arms and less stress for legs!

The reason because I've thought aa bottom stage (S80 or S100) is that in a whole year I'll do only few hypoxic dives (or rellay long-timed normoxic dives) and so I'll not so often need bigger back-gas tanks.
I can keep here my D12 for less impegnative dives and I can buy a new bigger twin set... but it would be really more expensive than a bottom stage...
Ok, I also well know economizing on equipment is not a good thing in technical diving...

I've found some divers who have just used new L6X Luxfer s100 and they've told me that: S100s underwater are heavier than S80 (nearby 0,5-1 kg more negative than a S80) when bottles are left free. (In addition they point out that an empty S80 in salt water is quite positive and it could become annoying and a S100 is not so bigger than a S80 ).
If bottles are clipped the situation is a bit different: S100s go in vertical position more quickly then S80s do.
A S80 at 100 bar (clipped with its ogive bolt-snap) still lies nearby horizontal; when a S100 reaches 100 bar, instead, it's alredy with its bottom up... and this could be annoying when S100 is clipped to the harness (left shoulder), but it's good it S100 is clipped to the leash (weel vertical and not so positive as a S80).

I'll try to find out a L6X S100 on loan so that I can try it underwater together with an S80...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom