Lynx Transmitter Attachment to HP Port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biohazard

New
Reaction score
I just received my Lynx. After reading the manual and playing with the wrist mount, I tried to attach the T1 transmitter to my high pressure port. I have an Atomic B1. The T1 size/threads visually look right, but it turned about a half turn in the high pressure port and stopped. I think I could force it, but I don't feel a great need to destroy either my first stage or the new transmitter. My current computer (Suunto) and the high pressure port plugs go in nicely and smoothly, but the T1 does not. I tried it in both high pressure ports with the same results. Do I need an adapter? Am I being too much of a wimp and need to apply some force (gasp, I hope not)? Anyone have any thoughts?

I have an atomic Z2. My Lynx transmitter fit in very nicely. I just used a little pressure with a wrench. The transmitter has some play in it so I chose not to screw it in by hand. Hope that helps

Okay, adding a little pressure was a bit nerve-wracking, but did the trick. I've had my first stage for quite a while, and I guess it's a bit worn. Now the T1 fits, and I just did my first dive with the Lynx. I'll do a couple more dives before making comments on it. But first impressions are overall good. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom