M2 Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

editmojo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Getting ready for a dive trip in 3 weeks. I put new batteries in my 1 year old Mares M2. It does its wake up sequence. I try to set it and nothing happens. It won't turn on.

New batteries. It wakes up--back light-version number- display test. Go to set it and, again, nothing. I let it sit with batteries over night and still nothing.

Zak, is there a factory reset or something I can try before sending it in for service?

Mojo, could it be your buttons that are very very hard to push? It's just a thought. Mine are quite tough (I need to push quite hard), though I've never had any problems waking it up.

Cheers!

I've got 20 dives on the thing and I know how hard you have to push. Something is not happy. Thanks though.

Well I thought it was worth a try...:coffee: You're definetly going to have to send it in! There is no reset button. Now what will be fastest/best? Send it to Mares? Or the shop you purchased it at? That probably depends on the quality of the shop.:shakehead: I know Mares does a great job for customer service. i'd probably send it directly to them.

Get a hold of Phil or Zak, or wait till they come around here, and see what they say...

Good luck!

Mojo, I can already tell you what you are better off doing... Send it directly to Mares...:shakehead: That's probably what Leisure pro is going to tell you anyways... And you'll avoid screw ups by doing that...

I used to deal with Leisure pro and was happy until... I actually had to return something... :shakehead:They gave me such a hard time I said never again...:shakehead: Now I deal with Scubatoys! Just as cheap, better service and they know their stuff! Anyways... just a shameless rant about leisurepro...:eyebrow: Sorry...

If you want it back before your trip, I'd send it to Mares! Unless Zak or Phil are able to help out somehow without you needing to send it in... You never know. These guys never cess amazing me...

Good luck!:coffee:

Got it at Leisure pro. I'm gonna call them and see what to do.

Thanks for you help. I already miss my little dive buddy.

Called Mares in Connecticut and they say I need to set up a return authorization thru my lDS. Found a local shop But Should I set this up thru Leisure Pro?

Strange that I can't just it back to them.

Mojo,

It is standard for CS to send you to your LDS or place of purchase, we are simply not set up to service every consumer directly. That said, we can help with "non standard" issues. In your case you need this within 3 weeks and we don't want to rely on it going through multiple hands to get it to us.

PM me your contact info, I will arrange for CS to contact you and issue an RA. Make sure the RA is on the box and inside. Also make sure you use a trackable service (UPS, Fed EX Ground) do not use the Post Office, if it is lost and we cannot verify that we received it you will not be happy, and we want you to be happy :)

Regards,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom