m43 DS-TTL with YS-110a

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zelko, are you using fill flash to get DS-TTL? What other settings (M, A, S, P)? What housing?
Thanks.

Vasily.

Hi All!
As I have no reply about my particular problem with DS-TTL on E-PT1, want to ask about support DS-TTL from 110a on any of m43 cameras using any housing.
Does someone, using YS-110a with Oly (or Pan), able to get TTL (SD-TTL) functionality?
Yes, camera(most of them) is(are) on the list, but I see a number of claims regarding this support in fact. And I see no “happy end”, only recommendations to use it in manual.
Posted here as I'm a PL1 user and Olympus Outlet is more representative :)

Thanks. To All.

This is what I ended up with:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/olympus-outlet/412073-e-pl3-settings-my-mode.html

We haven't seen problems with the S&S D-TTL on the 110a and newer on most of the Oly cameras, except the XZ-1. You do need to set the flash up and use a shutter speed that the camera can sync the flash to; usually around 80-160th sec. (although there is an adjustment in the advanced menu for the E-PM1 and E-PL3, etc.). I don't think there's much difference in the s/w between the 110a and 01, IMHO.

We have seen a lot of inconsistencies with the Panasonic cameras and external strobes in TTL. Seems to work on some and not others, some modes and not others. We can't get TTL off the new GX1 and the YS-01 for instance. The new YS-D1 is much better and seems to work much more consistently - although even there we can't seem to get it to work in "S" mode on the GX1. All other modes work fine. We're working on an article on this.

The 110a/01 did not work in TTL with the Nikon D7000 either. the YS-D1 works fine.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom