Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello! I need your help! I am so pleased that all of my diving equipments are Mares. Recently I bought usb interface for my diving computer ( Mares Smart). I have Mac Pro and so I downloaded 1.9.1 diversdiary and silab. When I connect my mares smart ( on pc ready mode) to my Mac, even the red light is on , it says “ diving computer is not ready pls try again” on the screen of Diversdiary. My diving computers battery is not low ( recently changed), also I check the system configurations , the USB port and it is ok ( connect to smart cable properly).

I also tried this cable with an another computer which has windows. I downloaded dive organizer and it worked!

So is there an important problem with diversdiary Mac software or did I do sth wrong?

Logging software from Dive computer companies tend to b a POS. For the Mac try MacDive or Subsurface. I have used both and preferred MacDive as do most Mac users. There is a fee for MacDive but i believe there is a hobbled free trial version. Subsurface is free and is a community based program. There are iOS versions for both and allow syncing between Mac and iOS.

Hi, I bought MacDive and it does not work. Tried reaching out to them and at first, they helped by telling me to download drivers. Everything worked for a while until the newest MacBook Pro update (Monterey 12.01). They just sent me to the troubleshooting page, I tried everything there and sent them a message, they have not replied since January. Are there other alternatives for Mac users, where they actually help you if there is an issue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom