Mac software for iq700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fouremco

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is there Mac software available for downloading from an IQ700 or its many variants? I've waded through a lot of posts without finding any directly relevant information.

Last edited:
The topic of dive computers and Macs comes up quite often. Unless you can use one of the "aftermarket" programs that isn't provided from the dive computer manufacturer, you probably aren't going to find Mac software.

I'm not aware of *any* dive computer manufacturer that supports Mac.

Macdive (MacDive - Download) only supports Suunto.

I'm doing what I suspect a lot of people are doing: run the Winblows software from the manufacturer on a copy of Windows that is running on top of VMware. For example, I run VMWare Fusion on my Mac, I run Windows XP within that, and Aeris' dive computer software on that copy of Windows.

I ran into this problem early on and solved it by buying a Sensus Ultra data recorder. I just clip it into a pocket at the beginning of a trip and ignore it until I get home. They have OS X support which includes dive logging capability. It's probably cheaper than buying a copy of Windows and Parallels or VMWare, assuming you have an Intel based Mac which will support them, without the hassle of getting them to run.

Thanks for the replies. My Mac includes Boot Camp, which I've never used, so I might look at that possibility for running the available PC software, but the Sensus Ultra in an intriguing alternative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom