Mach V 18!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally Posted by Nemrod
I may have to have the 18 pound Mach V. Can it be gotten in something other than dreadful black. I like black and all, love Johnny Cash but sometimes I feel like a nut.

N

Patrick:
I can do other colors, but they would have to be made when I make a run of wings.

In the last run of Mach Vs, we made some Camo and pink. In the past, made one in blue.

Off to the CDS Conference. Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

If you plan a run in color anytime soon, and need buyers lined up, count me in.
I'll even Trust Nemrod to choose the color (no pink please).

evad:
Just regards? I can't really see it. Is it the soft STA?

The photo with the hand in it. Clearly visible under palm and thumb.

Stephen,

The Vertex 42 Sig Series or the Vertex 42 Extreme Series. Same wing, different shells.

Both are 360 loop wings with 360 zippers that allow you to inspect and repair (if ever needed) the clear, 25 mil inner bladder.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

Stephen Ash:
Dang it... another wing I gotta have.

Oh... Patrick... I'm also thinkin' about another doubles wing for caving using AL80s... what's your latest fav for this... still the Bill Main Razor 50#? Which one in your line up would be the most streamline? 40# lift would be my preference.

Tim,

You'll have a wait. I had a run that I would hope will last me through the dive season.

Best regards,

Patrick

Splitlip:
Originally Posted by Nemrod
If you plan a run in color anytime soon, and need buyers lined up, count me in.
I'll even Trust Nemrod to choose the color (no pink please).

Patrick:
Stephen,

The Vertex 42 Sig Series or the Vertex 42 Extreme Series. Same wing, different shells.

Both are 360 loop wings with 360 zippers that allow you to inspect and repair (if ever needed) the clear, 25 mil inner bladder.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

I'm not worried about the durability of the single layer razor... got no problem with that. What I am looking for is the wing with the least drag. Is the vertex similar to the razor with that in mind. I want the slickest, smallest profile, most streamlined wing you make for caving with AL80s and a couple of stages. Part of me thinks that if a razor is Bill's choice, then MAYBE there's an advantage to that one... or is it that Bill hasn't tested a vertex.

Hi Stephen,

Bill dives 104s and never tried the 40 or 42 wings.

The Vertex 42 is a smaller profile than the Razor 50. That said, if you are even going to dive 104s, the Vertex 42 might not be the better choice.

Now back from the CDS Conference --- everyone seemed interested in both the wings and the LED lights. Of course, the videos helped.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

Stephen Ash:
I'm not worried about the durability of the single layer razor... got no problem with that. What I am looking for is the wing with the least drag. Is the vertex similar to the razor with that in mind. I want the slickest, smallest profile, most streamlined wing you make for caving with AL80s and a couple of stages. Part of me thinks that if a razor is Bill's choice, then MAYBE there's an advantage to that one... or is it that Bill hasn't tested a vertex.

I absolutely love my Mach V 30# wing, but just when I think I have found the best wing for singles diving, you come along and invent something else.

Sounds like I"ll need to drop some more dough on the 18# wing as well... Would be PERFECT for those Carribean trips down into Bonaire and Coz and Kitts and.... you get the picture.

For the record, I am not affiliated in any shape, form, or fashion to Oxycheq other than a very satisified owner of a Mach V wing...

Keep up the excellent work!

Randy

ScubaRandy:
I absolutely love my Mach V 30# wing, but just when I think I have found the best wing for singles diving, you come along and invent something else.

Sounds like I"ll need to drop some more dough on the 18# wing as well... Would be PERFECT for those Carribean trips down into Bonaire and Coz and Kitts and.... you get the picture.

For the record, I am not affiliated in any shape, form, or fashion to Oxycheq other than a very satisified owner of a Mach V wing...

Keep up the excellent work!

Randy

Hi Randy,

The 18# Razor was out for about three years. I actually made that wing specifically for me if I was going to tropical waters and wanted to travel light. Just so happened that a number of other divers liked the idea.

Recently, I ran out of them and thought prior to the next run I would update that wing by making it more narrow than it was previously, adding the same center section as on the Mach V and the anti tank roll device. I ended up with exactly what I wanted. I don't see anything else I can do to improve on this style wing.

I do not think the 30# Mach V wing can be compared to the 18# Mach V Razor. They are two wings designed for different applications.

Glad you are happy with the Mach V Sig Series and thanks for the kind words.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

I'm waiting on my Mach V #30!! I can't wait. One for me and one for my wife :D
Glad we got in on this run.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom