Maclearie Park (L - Street) May 20, 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent! Glad the storm never got its act together. Nice report.

OK, I have tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

The RR Bridge should be awesome too. Anybody want to cover that? I would if it weren't for some sidemount fussing that I need to finish.

SRI should be hot. But I don't need to end up in Portugal if I get too distracted by fussing with my rig...

Summertime, Summertime! It's here.

---------- Post added July 2nd, 2015 at 04:24 PM ----------

OK, rescheduled.

WF21, TOMORROW, Friday meet around 8:30 in the Maclearie Parking lot, splash at 9:00. I'll be there no matter what, I have things I want to check with my rig in saltwater.

Still have the very best of the tides, hour later into the night, and the very worst of the traffic...

Wow. What a night. Got there early, good thing too. Forgot my dive flag. I was originally packed to leave on Thursday, took the flag out of the car to change strobe batteries. Get to Maclearie Park, realize what I did, head to the big K-Mart. Bought a plastic "Marine Box" and some line for a crab trap. Put my second backup light into the thin orange box. Dive on!

Yes! Yellow seahorses! They are beautiful, highly reflective, I had no idea. Got a rough vid together, no music, just me breathing. Turn off the sound. My primary light and a hand-held GoPro didn't do the critters justice. So this is just a tease. Go see for yourselves, really worth it. https://vimeo.com/132588105

I don't think that the tropical invasion is here yet, but it is starting. Tons of life, all the usual suspects...

Nice video - I need to get some shots of those seahorses too....

I just could not do the night dive, cleanup and get ready for a 5:20am wake up call for a 3 tank dive... On the plus side I got a lobster and a claw :confused: and a nice fluke about 22 inches after I put my spear gun away - I forgot how much I don't like skinning fish :D but it was fresh and tasty with a little oil and bread crumbs in the oven.

Attachments

• First Fluke 2015.jpg
    First Fluke 2015.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 66
  • First Fluke 2015.jpg
    First Fluke 2015.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 60
Nice catch! Lobster and Flounder, tasty!

Long night for me, barbecuing pork ribs, water soaked apple and sandalwood shavings. Gives me a chance to catch up on a lot of lost sleep between basting and flipping the racks.

Reconsidering videography. Fun to watch critters interact. I suppose I'll start saving up for a half-decent video rig. *sigh*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom