Madagascar - Isle Sainte Marie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orbiter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm going to be spending my honeymoon in Madagascar - focusing mainly on the eastern side and Isle Sainte Marie.

Although I saw a post from Shafan regarding Nosy Be (west coast) I couldnt find anything on the above.

Has anyone been, recomendations, warnings etc...?

I've dived Nosy Bee, and I rate one of the dives there as one of my best ones ever (healthy coral...). I also dived down in Tulear, and that did not impress me so much....

I spent three months in Madagascar and it's a lovely country with a lot to see. ((My only "problem" was that I don't speak any French, and very few Madagasy people speak any English at all....))

Isle Sainte Marie will on the itinerary on my next trip to Mada so I would very interested to here how you liked it....

Thanks,
// Magnus;

Isle Sainte Marie is a wonderful choice for any kind of holiday. And honeymoon is out of this world.The hotels are small and generally unobtrusive and it has a romantic pirate history.

Am hoping to spend a week diving in Nosy Be, Madagascar around Feb. 2011. Could you please advise me as to the best dive sites, operators and hotel? Thanks!!

A lot have probably changed since 2003 but here goes...

I dived with Tropical Diving
Tropical-Diving, centre de plongée : Plonger à Nosy Be, Madagascar. Centre CMAS/PADI.
Run by a nice Swizz guy, my dive guide did not speak any English.

I stayed at Coucher du Soleil (no English)
http://www.madadecouverte.com/nosy-be-madagascar/coucher-du-soleil-prestataires-detail.htm

The diving, I was there around Christmas, and if I remember correctly, then they where closing for the season just after New Year. -I'm not sure when they where reopening, but you might want to do some research on what the diving is like in February... Dive sites, I'm guessing that is a bit seasonal (we spent a few dives searching for Mantas). -tell them what you want to see and I'm sure they will do what they can :)

Some pictures from Nosy Bee (I need to go back, this time with a strobe....)
Welcome to LivingAt, Gold Dust Day Gecko
and more from Madagascar
Welcome to LivingAt, Fly

Cheers,
// Magnus;

Thanks Magnus. Interesting, I was going to approach Tropical-Diving.
I'll check out the season, hopefully Feb. is okay as I can't re-schedule.

Thanks, Finbob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom