Made in America, Thank you very much !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
The screw-up of the week starting every Monday night.

At an American military airfield in Iraq, work was being done on the runway, but no one had bothered to issue a NOTAM (notice to airmen). Aircraft landing during the day were able to avoid the work site, but a C-130 came in at night on December 29th, hit the work area, and was totalled. There were no fatalities. There will, however, be some fatal effects on the career prospects of one or two Air Force officers.

On Edit: Changed the pictures

The guys in the C-130 must have been like, "I didn't think you were supposed to experience turbulence ON THE GROUND!?!"

There will, however, be some fatal effects on the career prospects of one or two Air Force officers.

I know it never looks good on a pilot when he damages a plane.

But how could this be considered their fault if they weren't notifified?

C-130 $48.5 Million

Pilot Training $ 6.6 Million

Forgetting to use a 5 cent pencil to write down that you were working on the runway, and seeing the aftermath on ScubaBoard:

Priceless :D

Wonder what was going through the loadmaster's mind when the plane hit that pothole...

Lil' Irish Temper:
Aircraft landing during the day were able to avoid the work site, but a C-130 came in at night on December 29th, hit the work area, and was totalled.

I see a larger than usual nose on that aircraft—looks like a MC-130 Combat Talon (with Fulton “hook” removed) to me. Those planes are optimized for flying at night/bad visibility. Guess the crews weren't wearing their NVGs...

Always a good reminder that someone out there is having a worse day than you are!

Vie:
I see a larger than usual nose on that aircraft—looks like a MC-130 Combat Talon (with Fulton “hook” removed) to me. Those planes are optimized for flying at night/bad visibility. Guess the crews weren't wearing their NVGs...

I think it's the (AWADS) Adverse Weather Aerial Delivery System and Air Defense System in the nose, but I just jumped from them, maybe one of the Air Force guys "knows what's in the Nose". :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom