Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update. Good to hear we will have it next year, and lets HOPE we get it for a Sep. and Oct. next year. We sure missed some good days this fall.

Britt, any idea how much they pulled the water down?

Last time I spoke with Britt on this topic, the water is down 20ft. Apparently the "BRT" (big round thing / cylinder) by the left dock is only a foot underwater now.

Everyone hope for ALOT of rain over the winter!!!!!

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Last time I spoke with Britt on this topic, the water is down 20ft. Apparently the "BRT" (big round thing / cylinder) by the left dock is only a foot underwater now.

Everyone hope for ALOT of rain over the winter!!!!!

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Actually, if the water levels stay low, you're looking at VERY WARM bottom temps next year. Remember 3 years ago when it was down about 12ft? There wasn't a bottom thermocline by mid summer. you could dive it in a shorty or vest... or nothing.

water temp on the bottom was 80f.... :D

(of course use of the docks at that level would be out....)

Actually, if the water levels stay low, you're looking at VERY WARM bottom temps next year. Remember 3 years ago when it was down about 12ft? There wasn't a bottom thermocline by mid summer. you could dive it in a shorty or vest... or nothing.

water temp on the bottom was 80f.... :D

(of course use of the docks at that level would be out....)

Well, the past two years we have had a lot of rain, and water has been in the parking lot so it should come back up some, how much I guess depends on the rain this winter.

I remember that Mike, dove in a shorty bottom temp was in the 80's. Watch out about the nothing quote, you know Buzz:cool2:

They will be replacing the water before next year with well water. They planned on giving it a month or two to see how fast it will refill, but ADEM requires them to replace what they took out.

Thanks Britt.

as for the water Replacement, if they're using well water, I'm sure they'll want to get that completed before "peak yard watering season" is in full force, as they won't want to have to buy water from HSV Utils mid summer again.

Britt, is there any house cleaning you need done around the area since its closed up? I guess we could repell down to collect the trash on the rock walls. Lol

Ken

I saw on another thread that Martha's will be open Sunday. Anyone up for that?

This is the forum for Madison Quarry, Im sure that everyone that usually goes to Madison Quarry also knows about Marthas Quarry. We even send people there when they come through Madison.

I don't mean to sound brash, but there are a lot of things people know but never announce, but thanks for the info Pete. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom