Magic Bullet software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharksdelight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am always being sent all kinds of software, books and anything editing related by their companies for review on various editing websites, primarily the www.kenstone.net site.
Yesterday I received a few different versions of Magic Bullet produced by Red Giant for review. One version works in AE and another in FCP. Before I delve into these too much, I was wondering if and what anyone's experiences with them may have been. Ease of use, rendering time, application pluses and minuses, etc.
Thanks for any feedback you may have,
Steve:14:

Heya Steve - glad to see you over here as well :wink:

I haven't worked much with the MAgic Bullet Software that came with PPro and Vegas6 that I have, but they do seem to be pretty CPU intensive. THey do offer some nice one click type changes to footage, but since I am pretty much a traditional shooter (not into special effects, etc) I really don't use them. I think about the only thing I would use to md a video would be to apply a CineAlta effect in AE of my footage to give it a more film like quality. Since I still shoot SD, render times shouldn't be too big an issue for either my desktop or Laptop - BTW - thanks for the email yesterday...

I recently purchased "Muvee" (download purchase $99.99), its a great program where one puts video, stills and music files, select settings and select "make Muvee"...out comes a cool video synced to music...you can tweak a little b4 saving or burning...sample here http://media.putfile.com/johnnydiverzep

Johnnydiver :coffee:

Steve:

I'm anxious to see what you think of the program. For those of us who shoot Sony cameras - or basically anything besides Canon or Panasonic - finding a good solution to the cine effect would be great.

Will you be at the Long Beach Scuba Show?

Yes, I will probably be there... I forget the dates. I am scheduled for a shoot in the Philippines leaving on June 21-July 6th. I have been playing with the Magic Bullet Suite as well as their Instant HD for a review on the editing sites. Not sure when I will be done with them tho as they are a bit more complicated than just sticking a filter on. The render times are outrageous however.

Something that may interest you is my new review on the Sonicfire 4, Smart Sounds latest music system. Go to www.kenstone.net

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom