Main color on Petrel 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LFMarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, I understand that the default color on the Petrel 3 is green to reduce battery consumption (white can use as much as 3 times more power than green to visualize). Is this a default that can be changed to another color or cannot be changed? I am asking because I am considering switching to a Petrel 3 but I am used to white main color on all my Shearwater computers (Perdix 2, Teric, NERD 2). I don't care about higher battery consumption as I am sure you could still do a good number of hours on a lithium battery with white font (otherwise how could the Petrel 2 do it?).

Interesting fact MEDICAL INSIGHTS: The most visible colors.

Green is actually on of the easier colors for the human to to see and pickup quickest.

The military and many high end military optics manufactures Eotech, Trijicon, Aimpoint etc. have spent alot of money and time to develope green dot/green holographic firearms sights for this reason.

Interesting fact MEDICAL INSIGHTS: The most visible colors.

Green is actually on of the easier colors for the human to to see and pickup quickest.

The military and many high end military optics manufactures Eotech, Trijicon, Aimpoint etc. have spent alot of money and time to develope green dot/green holographic firearms sights for this reason.
Awesome insight. I will try to switch to green on my other computers and see how it works. Thanks for sharing

I just switched the main color to green on Teric, Perdix and NERD. It looked a bit weird out of the water but it works great once in the water. With time, it will look normal for someone like me being used to white. Thanks a lot for the suggestion

Back
Top Bottom